Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Hurricane Ian

Topic is Sleeping.

Catwoman ( member #1330) posted at 7:22 PM on Friday, September 30th, 2022

My friend is okay. No damage (maybe some missing shingles) to her condo, some minor water seepage (I wouldn't call it a flood by any measure--her floors are tile, so no damage), no electricity, internet or water.

Emotionally, she is a wreck. She realized much too late that she should have evacuated. She realizes that she put her pets at risk, as well as herself. She didn't have a plan, and she realizes that she risked a lot.

This points to having a PLAN. Evacuation is tough, expensive and messy. But it may be your best chance for survival.

Cat

FBS: Married 20 years, 2 daughters 27 and 24. Divorced by the grace of GOD.
D-Days: 2/23/93; 10/11/97; 3/5/03
Ex & OW Broke up 12-10
"An erection does not count as personal growth."

posts: 33182   ·   registered: Apr. 5th, 2003   ·   location: Ohio
id 8757803

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 9:34 PM on Friday, September 30th, 2022

Friends in Cape Coral are fine, lost a fence, the cage around their pool, no flooding, and some landscaping work needs to be done, but otherwise unscathed.

Friend of my parents is fine. She weathered the storm, her home flooded, she has damage. She is staying w/ son inland for now.

My parents place did flood. The boat was NOT lost it was acutally so high up on the lift under the cover the neighbors that reported it gone, didn't see it, thanks to their dear navy friend that tied that bugger up tight. The car is a total loss as the water in the house which is up 6 steps is taller than the car. My dad is wanting to get down there to do an assessment, but also gets now is not the time. They think they are just going to take the money and run, and sell the place. Many other friends of theirs in the same development are saying the same thing. Its sad but its also something they knew was always a possibility when they purchased it. While they are both physically able my mom is mentally slipping, and my dad has no shoulders left to do any real work, and he turns 80 in a few months.

It is going to take years for Fort Myers Beach to recover. Same for Sanibel.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8757814

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 11:00 PM on Friday, September 30th, 2022

My friend in Cape Coral is safe, too. Her son posted an update on her FB yesterday, letting everyone know they were fine. She posted a couple of times today, letting people in her area know which stores are actually open for business, like Publix and Walmart. Didn't get into any detail about damage they might have done, although her son did say the boat was OK, too (tied up like a sailor would do!).

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8757826

ZenMumWalking ( Guide #25341) posted at 2:53 PM on Saturday, October 1st, 2022

HFSSC - tried to pm you but you are at limit. Just wondering if hurricane is affecting you....

Stay safe!!

((((HF))))

Me (BS), Him (WH): late-50's
3 DS: 26, 25, 22
M: 30+ (19 1/2 at Dday)
Dday: Dec 2008
Wanted R, not gonna happen (in permanent S)
Used to be DeadMumWalking, doing better now

posts: 8533   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2009   ·   location: EU
id 8757868

Pinkyxo ( member #43095) posted at 6:07 PM on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022

I rode it out at my cousins a mile south of me in Venice. It lasted forever. So much flooding, huge trees down, fences. Prayers for all involved. Hurricane fatigue is real. So much work done, much more to do. My old sturdy 1974 mobile home faces north. It's a miracle (and thanks to a couple 100 yr+ live oaks blocking me) that I had no structural damage. Lost a palm tree and neighbors fences. Lots of limbs down everywhere as well. Our streets are lined with piles of debris.
Everyone is helping each other. ❤🙏😭Power was restored at my home yesterday. Still no internet. Hope this gets through.
❤🙏

One foot in front of the other!Member since 2004ish?Formerly ZooMa.

posts: 87   ·   registered: Apr. 13th, 2014   ·   location: Florida :)
id 8758318

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 7:06 PM on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022

So glad you are ok pinkyxo. I can't imagine what you and everyone impacted by hurricane Ian have been through and continue to go through.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8758322
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy