Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Just Found Out :
I'm so lost

Topic is Sleeping.

CallMeMax (original poster new member #80819) posted at 7:10 PM on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022

Also, we did go on a "date" last night, which we really haven't done in a while. Ate dinner, had some drinks (not too many) talked about things openly, cried, laughed, hugged, cuddled in bed, l made out like we hadn't in too long. May or may not have had really good sex when we came back...I had a feeling deep down that what I was doing was wrong, but the feeling of comfort and safety that it gave me was much needed.

I guess I felt like a drug addict taking another hit. I knew what I was doing was overall not healthy, but the short term gratification of feeling good, outweighed my conscious.

posts: 5   ·   registered: Sep. 2nd, 2022   ·   location: FL
id 8753735

GoldenR ( member #54778) posted at 7:24 PM on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022

I really hope you used protection bc cheaters don't. Ever.

[This message edited by GoldenR at 5:48 AM, Sunday, September 4th]

posts: 2855   ·   registered: Aug. 22nd, 2016   ·   location: South Texas
id 8753739

clouds777 ( member #72442) posted at 7:28 PM on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022

Tiny victory on a long road to recovery? Yay smile

No. You are going to cringe at this in the near future.

She is love bombing you. She wants to get out of trouble. Classic. The only victory will be her actions LONG TERM. Did she write a timeline of her affairs and the many MANY deliberate choices she made to betray you? What is she doing for you? Has she told family or friends what she has done? Has she scheduled counseling for herself to figure out why she would purposefully hurt you again and again? Has she read anything or googled free youtube videos about how to help your partner heal?

She is hyper aware that she can manipulate you. So far, its working.

[This message edited by clouds777 at 7:47 PM, Saturday, September 3rd]

id 8753740

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 7:29 PM on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022

I’m sorry she’s put you through this. She isn’t M material. She’s a fiancé preparing for a marriage and has lied and cheated twice. Regardless what she did on that trip she cheated as soon as she made plans with him.

There is no small victory, she had you as a backup plan, you try to escape and she’s put you back in your box. You need to get pissed off and send her back to Wisconsin.

Sorry but she’s playing you Brother.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8753741

Stevesn ( member #58312) posted at 9:53 PM on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022

This is not a woman I’d recommend you’d ever marry. She has been unfaithful during engagement and has flat out told you not to trust her in the future.

I’d tell her: "it’s clear you are not ready for the commitment we have made and won’t be for a while. So while you work on yourself and what you want, please return the ring I gave you and what it represents. It’s clear we are no longer her exclusive and would take months or even years of hard work on your part to make me trust you and feel safe with you again. I make no guarantees as to what the future holds, but even if you started working on yourself today and went full no contact with this other man, we could not make commitments again with each other for years".

Hopefully she will return the ring. You deserve better.

fBBF. Just before proposing, broke it off after her 2nd confirmed PA in 2 yrs. 9 mo later I met the wonderful woman I have spent the next 30 years with.

id 8753757

QuitePossible ( member #80726) posted at 3:38 AM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Notice how she came running back once you started following the playbook?

Please read the Tactical Primer and follow through with all or most of the steps.

R is not for the faint of heart.

But you’re are going to need to call off the wedding.

posts: 52   ·   registered: Aug. 26th, 2022   ·   location: East Coast
id 8753787

Buster123 ( member #65551) posted at 5:28 AM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

RUN !!!

id 8753793

svengundenblum ( new member #78794) posted at 10:33 AM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Oh God No!
Please do not make the biggest mistake of your young life.

RUN!!
Run like your ass is on fire!

Because IT IS!!!!

id 8753808

annb ( member #22386) posted at 11:36 AM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

So sorry you find yourself here, but honestly, if you were my son, I'd advise you to run and never look back.

She's a serial cheater.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posts: 12195   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8753810

WisenItUp ( new member #80830) posted at 12:48 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Engagement is the process of two people interviewing each other for marriage.

She has failed horribly. Get out before there's finances and kids involved.

Trust me, you will find someone better.

id 8753811

travels ( member #20334) posted at 2:26 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Please, just don't.
I was with my Ex from the 20-27. He cheated on me multiple times. I could never understand why I never had the strength to leave. We weren't married and had no kids. He really put me through hell, and I willingly followed him through the flames. He finally left me for his fourth affair partner. NC helped me move on, but it took a look time. Even after learning about codependency, I still couldn't fathom why I didn't leave him. I learned about trauma bonding about a year ago, and there it was. It and my codependence held me in a loop with him. Looking back, I wish I had gone into IC, but that is another story!

Anyway, she reeled you back in after your "date" with some classic love bombing. Do some research on trauma bonding.
Good luck! Remember, take it one day at a time and when that is too much take it one moment at a time.

When one door closes, another door opens. It's the journey through the hallway that sucks.
"After a breakup, the loyal one stays single and deals with the damages until healed. The other one is already in another relationship."

id 8753818

HarryD ( member #72423) posted at 3:04 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

For some reason we always want to give them the benefit of believing them. Nothing happen. We just talked. I went 1000 miles spent two nights and we did have sex.
You now know the type of person you are married too, she wants you to supply her but free to have sex with whoever she wants. Is that the life you want to live. Sharing your wife. If that turns you on so be it. Join a swinging club. Then you get to have sex also, If not leave

posts: 126   ·   registered: Dec. 30th, 2019   ·   location: NY
id 8753822

QuitePossible ( member #80726) posted at 3:26 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Head for zee hills!

posts: 52   ·   registered: Aug. 26th, 2022   ·   location: East Coast
id 8753826

Butforthegrace ( member #63264) posted at 3:28 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Engagement is the process of two people interviewing each other for marriage.

This. Exactly. What you've gotten from her in the past year, that's the best you'll ever get from her. Keep that in mind. If this is her best, what will you endure when you see her worst?

"The wicked man flees when no one chases."

posts: 4180   ·   registered: Mar. 31st, 2018   ·   location: Midwest
id 8753827

CallMeMax (original poster new member #80819) posted at 4:02 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Ok it's my turn to say it like so many before me have. You guys were right, about pretty much everything. I know everything that has happened EVERY excruciating detail. I took the risk last night of reading their messages to each other over the past week and I nearly threw up. But, it taught me a valuable lesson. She doesn't love me anymore, she's given up on our relationship, she isn't the person I once knew. I'm gone, I left, got the ring back even though I don't want the fucking thing. I'm headed back for my hometown where I will do my best to stay positive and try to recover. I just wanted you all to know that even though you possibly didn't want to be right, you were.

I'm going to do my best to make it a clean break, no contact. I need to go up there another time or two to gather the rest of my things, but I will try to do so at a time she is not there. I took no pictures or really any personal items that would remind me of her. I plan on looking into some of the literature that was recommended to me by some of you all, and if I feel the need, I will update or post in the forum.

I'm young and have a long life ahead of me (hopefully). It's time for me figure out who I am and in turn where I want to be in the coming years. I can't imagine looking for another partner right now, I'm not in the right place mentally, but I'm sure that will change. I'm going to try and focus on myself and attempt to provide myself with all of the emotional support and care that I have been given by her for the last 11 years.

Here's to a long, dark, perilous road ahead of me!

posts: 5   ·   registered: Sep. 2nd, 2022   ·   location: FL
id 8753834

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 4:13 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

It may look like a dark perilous road ahead, but when you get to the top, the views are going to be amazing. Stay the course.

I am sorry this happened, but you really have dodged a bullet. It’s much worse once you have children and real estate and all that involved.
And you ARE young and you will be fine. Give it some time—but you will be fine.

Also, get STD tested — amazing how many have picked up something nasty from their partners here.
Take good care of yourself— exercise, eat well, avoid too much alcohol, drink lots of water. These will help you emotionally and physically.
Consider IC or lots of reading to help you see why you stayed with someone who treated you poorly (no judgement- lots of us did that) and will help you have a healthier future relationship.

Hang in there. You can do this. And your future really will be bright.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8753835

fallinapart ( new member #80457) posted at 4:39 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Max, I am so sorry this is happening to you.It's for your best interest that you left. I now believe the saying Once a cheater always a cheater.Thanks to my cheating husband.We have been together for 36 years and he is not going to change. The worst part of all of this is when the spouse cheats AGAIN knowing how badly it affected me the last time.I was an emotional mess and yet he willingly chose to hurt me again. I still love him and I don't know why. I filed for a divorce last week and I am looking for a job so I can move away. I don't want to leave, I really want to be with him (Crazy- I know) but I don't know how to rewire my heart or brain. This is slowly torturing me.I am going to leave though. I hope that you get counseling, find group meetings, talk to anyone who will listen. I will pray for you Max. It really sucks to be a member in this Broken Hearts Club. Wishing you all good things Max.

reg

posts: 6   ·   registered: Jul. 28th, 2022   ·   location: pa.
id 8753838

asc1226 ( member #75363) posted at 7:50 PM on Sunday, September 4th, 2022

Thank god. After your last post I had an image of you trying to put the pin back in a slippery grenade.

Here's to a long, dark, perilous road ahead of me!

It could be worse. At least you aren’t traveling her path. Without a lot of hard work the best she will manage is a shallow unexamined existence.

I make edits, words is hard

id 8753861

WontBeFooledAgai ( member #72671) posted at 1:57 AM on Monday, September 5th, 2022

I'd say to keep posting on here anytime you need to. Even if it is just to vent.

Right now, there are some awfully powerful chemicals coursing through your bloodstream. And so, even though you have found out that your ex-fiancee is not worth it, you will still feel cycles of extremely intense longing, sadness, loneliness, depression, and anger. That is NORMAL, especially as you and she were together for 11 years.

It is especially important to take care of yourself physically though. Hit the gym--compound movements with heavy weights are great--and eat right....and please go easy on the alcohol. You may be tempted to numb the pain with slothful habits but push by that. Even a quick workout when you just get in some sets those times when you really don't feel like working out, is invaluable. The goal isn't perfection, not by any means, just a reasonably healthful lifestyle.

And meanwhile, your ex-fiancee was NOT worth it. If she really wanted out, she didn't need to go behind your back and cheat. She had a bunch of other options. She certainly didn't need to lie to you straight-faced about stopping her affair after the fact. She could have told you her feelings. She, if she really wanted to be single and wasn't ready to settle down, could have given you the respect of an upfront breakup, the respect you DESERVED.

A mentor of mine says that basically NO ONE gets to 35 unscarred. You had an awfully rough breakup, but you are young. The world is full of great women, far better than your ex who threw your relationship away.

Keep the faith and one foot in front of the other. It WILL get better.

[This message edited by WontBeFooledAgai at 1:02 AM, Wednesday, September 7th]

id 8753912

Buster123 ( member #65551) posted at 12:34 PM on Monday, September 5th, 2022

I'm gone, I left, got the ring back even though I don't want the fucking thing. I'm headed back for my hometown where I will do my best to stay positive and try to recover. I just wanted you all to know that even though you possibly didn't want to be right, you were.

Sell the ring or keep it for someone worthy of it, as others mentioned your whole life is ahead of you, you really dodged a bullet here, don't forget to get tested for STDs. Just curious what was her reaction when you asked for the ring back ?

id 8753944
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy