Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Exercise clothing

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 2:22 PM on Friday, September 20th, 2024

What type of pants do you prefer to wear? Do you prefer yoga pants, joggers or tights? Do you have a favorite brand?

I wear tights for running. Most of mine are from old navy or one of the big names like Nike.

I haven't found anything that I love for walking and casual wear. I'm looking for comfort, side pockets and something that looks a little more flattering than tights.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8849058

KitchenDepth5551 ( member #83934) posted at 3:43 PM on Friday, September 20th, 2024

Athleta clothing.

They have flattering and comfortable skorts, skirts, and pants that I also wear when not exercising.

id 8849081

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 4:05 PM on Friday, September 20th, 2024

I recently bought two pairs of pants from Athleta. The fabric is so soft and comfortable. Unfortunately neither have side pockets. One pair is a wide leg style that doesn't look quite right on me. Maybe I needed a smaller size. The bother pair are boot cut yoga pants. Really comfy but I'm not sure I like how they look on me.

What style do you like?

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8849091

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 4:54 PM on Friday, September 20th, 2024

I tend to wear leggings (or capri leggings) since four days a week I'm either doing Pilates or strength training. I'm not one to sweat much unless I'm outside in heat walking/hiking, so what I put on before a workout can stay on me until bedtime. I have a couple of pairs of joggers, but don't seem to wear them as much. I feel like the leggings give me a more slim look (although slim is not how anyone would describe me). I know there are some cute joggers out there, I just like the feeling of leggings better. And I do see other women out there in my age group who wear them, and I think they're fine. But you should wear whatever is most comfortable for you. In that vain, this is what I've found for my own personal experience...

I also like Athleta, although I wish they had more leggings with pockets. I do have a couple of pair of their fleece leggings/tights that I pretty much live in during the worst of the winter months, although I don't work out in them. A couple of pair of my fleece tights came from LL Bean - I just wish they made them without the reflective striping.

In the last couple of years, I have bought several pairs of the Beyond Yoga Spaced Out of Pocket midi legging. They are absolutely the softest legging I've ever found. When we lived in LA, I could visit their flagship store to actually put my hands on the fabric and try stuff on to see how their sizing works for me. But their only brick and mortar stores are in CA (and a new one in the Seattle area).

WRT the joggers I wear, I love Outdoor Voices CloudKnit line. Again, they're the softest I've ever found. I know a lot of people swear by Vuori, but I think the CloudKnit line is way more comfortable. Again, for me, it must have pockets, and pockets deep enough to hold my phone. If I think about it, in a pinch my Beyond Yoga, Athleta and Outdoor Voices bottoms that I have with pockets, in a pinch, can also hold my water bottle. So that's a plus for me.

I've been in Dick's Sporting Goods a few times in the last few months and have discovered their 'Calia' line, which I think has some surprisingly cute stuff, including some leggings with pockets. The line was launched by Carrie Underwood, but is now Dick's owned.

I think most bottoms you wear can be dressed up depending on the kind of top you wear (maybe except for certain joggers).

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1359   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8849116
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy