Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Divorce/Separation :
Pending Mediation - Help in Staying Detatched

HopeToHealSoon (original poster new member #84876) posted at 4:56 PM on Monday, September 16th, 2024

Hi All,

Well, our mediation date is September 24th. I am still in the depths of pain here and wondering when this will subside. Will the actual agreeing on divorce help? The finality of it leaves me with a huge weight on my chest. I never wanted this for me or for the kids, but feel I had to file because my STBExH never did anything to reconcile, and instead strung me along with fake reconciliation. I am now second-guessing myself. Did the 180 backfire?! Should I have tried harder? I feel I did everything I could be he did nothing. It's just so hard to accept the fact that he likely checked out long ago while I was still so invested in the marriage. I guess I'm just needing some encouragement as I lead up to mediation. That I'm doing the right thing. That this was irreconcilable.

It's a funny thing that I think I'm on the upward trajectory, and then I'm leveled again with sadness and anger and second thoughts. I know in my heart of hearts, I couldn't go back to someone who treated me and his family with so little regard, but it still hurts like hell. I hope this gets better after the divorce is final.

BW, 49 (kids 10, 13, 14) D-Day: April 10, 2024Separated: April 12, 2024Divorce Filed: July 11, 2024 (after STBXH couldn't do NC and continued to lie about A)

"I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become." — Carl Jung

posts: 21   ·   registered: May. 24th, 2024   ·   location: Central Texas
id 8848716

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 11:16 AM on Friday, September 20th, 2024

I think you should not have guilt over D the STBXH as you stated, you did everything you could.

You will be sad for awhile but it won’t be permanent.

You did your best. That’s all you can do.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8849028
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy