Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Just Found Out :
Wife of 14 years / mother of 2 banged boss within 6 months of returning to work. Lies and blames lost connection... [Rant]

Topic is Sleeping.

Hurthalo ( member #41782) posted at 4:10 AM on Thursday, May 4th, 2023

Hey mate! I think I've been chatting to you on Reddit (re: chat)

I'm feeling for you mate, and I know what you are going through. Don't worry about her feeling happy about having her own flat, the reality of her situation will dawn on her sooner rather than later. From my experience, my WW had set up a new rental - all while having her philandering AP over in front of my kids. She told people she was happy, but the kids told me apropos of nothing that she spent the first few months crying in her bedroom regularly. When I finally announced I was seeing someone (8 years my junior haha) else about 8 months out, she took a month off work and went off the grid for a week to 'find herself'.

So what's your ex-wife's end game? As you mentioned, she's picked up a serial older cheater who evidently thinks nothing of trying to sleep with younger subordinates. Once he moves on to the next shiny thing (and he will), she'll be left fending for herself financially and emotionally. She'll dip her toe into the dating market only to find that no one will have an interest in her outside of attempting to sleep with her. The kids will grow up, and by weight of statistics, at least one of them will resent her when they ultimately find out what she has done. She'll struggle to stay connected to them, especially when they realise that you have been the stable one; the one that kept the household going and protected them. The one that endured emotional abuse and betrayal.

Meanwhile, you'll have met someone else. Someone to whom the idea of cheating is utterly repugnant. It's not a smooth glide-path, and you will have bad days. But you'll also have awesome days, and at some point the awesome days start outnumbering those bad ones.

I am glad you are seeing a therapist/IC, that is utterly invaluable. Hit the gym to make yourself look and feel better. I hope you are keeping well regardless mate.

[This message edited by Hurthalo at 9:50 PM, Thursday, May 4th]

posts: 318   ·   registered: Dec. 26th, 2013   ·   location: Australia
id 8789492

gr8ful ( member #58180) posted at 10:50 PM on Thursday, May 4th, 2023

If you haven’t already done so, I’d highly recommend telling your kids what your wife has done, in an age-appropriate way of course. "Kids, I’m sorry to say mom has left me for another married man and that’s why we can’t stay married anymore". Simple as that.

They need to know you are the trustworthy / stable one they can count on always.

id 8789622

Throwawayaccount2023 (original poster new member #83198) posted at 11:47 AM on Friday, May 5th, 2023

Hey Hurthalo

How funny is that! Don't know your username on reddit but yeah I'm the same guy.

I'm not at the indifference stage yet so yes I definitely hope that they get together and then he cheats on her. Someone (you?) told me that they can obviously not trust each other since they both jumped into the relationship without regard of the other's position so hopefully that implodes fast.

I do want to go out there and meet someone new but (i) I want to get into shape first again, hence the gym and (ii) I don't want something serious for a while.

Really helped reading your post, thank you.

G8ful - I'm not sure yet how / whether to do it. Will ask my therapist as the last thing I want to do is put them into a worse position where they feel they have to side with me. One day I will tell them of course

posts: 7   ·   registered: Apr. 12th, 2023   ·   location: UK
id 8789683
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy