Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Any medical peeps around need advice

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 12:26 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

The van was picked up last night and take to the collision centre. Insurance company told me I'd get a call to approve quote of repair. So hopefully it's repairable.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8756664

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 1:19 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

How are you feeling?

id 8756670

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:52 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

How are you feeling?

Physically; still very sore. It gets worse as the day goes on. Shoulder arm hand all ache and throb.

Emotionally. Well Little M was upset that we didn't go to the school BBQ. She said it was all my fault and I did it on purpose so that sucked.

Also got a call from the insurance company rep that deals with lawsuits thanks to the report stating the other vehicle occupants claimed injuries. She said it's a "just in case " call but wanted all of their formation,photos etc I had to start a file. They habe 2 years to file a claim. So imm be on eggshells for the next 2 fucking years waiting.... hate my life!

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8756684

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 3:02 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

She said it's a "just in case " call but wanted all of their formation,photos etc I had to start a file. They habe 2 years to file a claim. So imm be on eggshells for the next 2 fucking years waiting.... hate my life!

Been there. Done that. Wife's son bought his car when he was 17 so it was titled in her name. His been on his own past freshman year of college so he had his own insurance. He had an accident when he was 19. Just slide off road on some ice and landed in the ditch with a friend in the car. Neither needed medical attention at the scene. Cop witnessed the crash as he was on scene for the water main break that caused it. Kid came over the hill and didn't have enough time to slow down enough before the ice. They pulled them back onto the road and off they went. Two years later wife gets a call from his insurance company telling her that she and her son were likely to be sued by his friend. That's the first my wife and I heard of any issues post accident. Turns out she went to the hospital the next day. They pretty much sent her home. She went to another doctor who prescribed some pills. She filed suit against us and the hospital the very last day of the two years. Wife was sued for negligent entrustment because the vehicle was titled in her name. That really had me worried as the hospital got off with a MSJ. That left us as the only money source once the 50k of sons liability coverage ran out. They ended up settling for just under that. I think you are in better shape. Your insurance will pick up the health care, loss of use, and repairs directly. In our case we and the insurance company didn't even know she was racking up charges. Needless to say said friend is no longer a friend of son.

id 8756731

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:14 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

It's a shitty situation to be in. I told her the mother had gotten out immediately and began screaming at me, walked around, didn't go to the hospital with the ambulance. The driver had a bleeding nose but it had stopped.

I'm a mess just waiting to hear what's going to happen with our van. Adding to it a possible lawsuit...ugh. I'm going to need stronger anxiety meds.

Today is grocery shopping day. Wh said he will drove me ibto town but if I don't drive myself soon I just won't. Also his van is a major trigger for reasons that cannot be spoken about here. No matter what it's an all around shitty situation I cannot escape!

id 8756734

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 4:38 PM on Friday, September 23rd, 2022

People see any type of fender-bender as a way to quick cash. Insurance companies play into that by giving in. A friend of mine, on her way to work, was sitting at the left turn light waiting for the arrow. Sitting still. A car with four guys came up behind her and hit HER. Not hardly any damage, bent her back bumper a little bit. Almost zero damage to their vehicle. She got a phone call from her insurance company that the guys had filed a claim, stating they were hurt. The insurance company told her they were going to settle with them, $5000 each, just to settle it and stop their harassing calls. She was LIVID and reminded her insurance company that THEY got the citation for hitting HER. Still the insurance company paid those guys off and then three months later increased HER quarterly premium. She changed insurance companies.

Dragn, you should take advantage of the rental car if it's no expense to you. You'd have your own wheels until your van is fixed if it's going to take a while to get your van fixed. I'm sorry you are still in pain and you definitely should get checked again if you are still hurting.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8756768

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:43 PM on Saturday, September 24th, 2022

People will claim anything for money...

If the van is written off or the repairs will take weeks then yes ill get the rental. For now I'm just waiting to hear what's happening.

I hate having to wait. I feel constantly anxious.

I did go get the groceries yesterday. Drove myself. I seem hyper aware now. Watched two people run right through a stop sign. shocked

id 8756882
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy