Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Unexpected diagnosis

Topic is Sleeping.

WalkinOnEggshelz (original poster administrator #29447) posted at 1:45 PM on Saturday, November 5th, 2022

Oh Tred! I’m sorry, you’re right. At the time I wrote it, I was still processing. We will definitely look you up on our travels.

Tanner, yes we are planning on doing this full time. Can take any pointers you may have! The plan for now is to take about 3 months off work to just really figure out how to do this full time, enjoy life a bit, and relax. We are strongly considering blogging. If anyone knows my husband he is quite the writer. I plan on doing contract positions. I can sign up with a travel company and get assignments that are 10-13 weeks. This will give us time to really settle in and enjoy each area we are in. After about a year we will decide if we want to continue to travel or settle down in an area. If we stop traveling we want to buy a small cabin in the woods. It’s all about simplifying our life. Time goes by too quickly when we are in the daily grind. We are hoping to slow it down some.

If you keep asking people to give you the benefit of the doubt, they will eventually start to doubt your benefit.

posts: 16686   ·   registered: Aug. 27th, 2010   ·   location: Anywhere and everywhere
id 8763783

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 6:15 PM on Saturday, November 5th, 2022

We are 5 and half years in and our only regret is not doing it sooner. We have been stationary in a place we absolutely love East of Dallas. We started off documenting it on a Facebook page but got busy and have neglected it.

Main piece of advice, most M issues come out while trying to park it. We see these couples cussing at each other trying to get it parked, then later we meet them and they are sweetest people 😀

I don’t want to T/J but I love the lifestyle.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8763814

josiep ( member #58593) posted at 6:01 PM on Sunday, November 6th, 2022

I am trying to look on the bright side.

When faced with difficulty, I often make terrible inappropriate jokes. Naturally, in writing, it's easier to stop myself and so I won't do it. But you have to admit, you put it out there and if the circumstances were different, it would be sooooo easy to jest.

But what I really wanted to say is do hold onto hope because they're making big strides in many areas of eye disease and we'll all keep our fingers crossed that your eyes hold out way longer than anticipated. The two most remarkable things I've ever see in person that were so much more awesome in person than any photo could ever do them justice are the Grand Canyon (and pretty much everything within 200 miles of it) and the Sistine Chapel. The amazing thing about both is I can still see them in my mind's eye, as vivid as the day I actually saw them. So yes, do travel now and get the sites on your Bucket List embedded in your brain now. Not only that, buy you'll have fun travelling to see them.

And, of course, you know I can rarely post something without adding a little vignette (is that the right word?) so here goes. My FIL lived with us the last 4 years of his life, from 86 on. He had macular degeneration (the regular kind). He had only one kidney which was only functioning at 25%, he had pulmonary hypertension, he'd had back surgery but still had pain. Seems like there was another ailment but I can't think of it right now. When he was 90 1/2, he developed pneumonia and it triggered his pulmonary hypertension. The doctor said he likely had less than 6 months to live. 2 weeks later, we invited an old friend for dinner. Jim came in and right away asked FIL how he was doing and FIL did some tsk-tsk-tsking and said "Oh, I'm OK except for this macular degeneration." My point being to encourage you to move forward with your plans and don't let anyone ever discount how much a person misses having good vision.

OK, I have to share this one, too: When FIL was about 88, we were driving past some farm fields and as we went by each one, he told us what was growing and how tall it was. He couldn't see much of anything but he could still "read his crops." My point is, eyesight is an amazing and complex thing and even though you might lose all or nearly all of yours, maybe you'll have so many things embedded in your mind's eye that you can still see the things that are meaningful to you. If that makes sense.

I'm sorry you have to face this but I'm so glad you have such a wonderful plan moving forward. Be sure to keep us all posted when you hit the road cuz I know I'd sure love it if you came here and we could have a get together. Although if I lived in TX, I'd travel west or north rather than east. But maybe...............

BW, was 67; now 74; M 45 yrs., T 49 yrs.DDay#1, 1982; DDay#2, May, 2017. D July, 2017

id 8763953
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy