Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Heard from my son’s federal defender today

Topic is Sleeping.

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 7:18 PM on Friday, October 14th, 2022

(((WR)))

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30215   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8759615

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 11:20 PM on Friday, October 14th, 2022

Whatsright, I'm waiting for a friend to get back into town and I'm going to discuss with him the policies and procedures concerning someone charged in both state and federal -- and get some feedback. I'm also doing some research on my own. I will probably PM you when I get some information.

I'm glad you got to see your son. Of course it's hard for YOU and him too. They definitely are embarrassed to have family, especially their mother, seeing them in belly chains and leg chains (which I feel are TOTALLY unnecessary for non-violent offenders or if they have never tried to escape) ... But this kind of procedure is common for the feds. Your son knows that hurts you to see him trussed up like that. I'm glad you kept a smile on your face. I have seen so many mothers do that - and then break down the minute their son or daughter can't see them.

How did the meeting go with the investigator? As I had said, never lie to them - they NEED the complete picture to help your son. I would think the main goal of the attorney is to try to make a deal so his state and federal sentences can be served concurrently. That would be MY goal, for sure. Hang in there.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8759656

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 5:25 AM on Sunday, October 16th, 2022

Whatsright, I sent you a PM.

Hope your weekend is going better.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8759818

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 10:42 PM on Sunday, October 16th, 2022

I think the meeting went pretty well with the investigator.

He was very personable. And my job was to just talk and talk and talk. Which I can do. It’s the one thing I feel like I can do at this point.

There were so many things that I had forgotten, and as we just chatted about my son, these things came out. He explained to me that that was the nature of his conversations with me. That I could list things and write them down and give him notes or whatever, but then he gets some of the most valuable information from just hearing parents / friends talking. He says you can’t imagine how much information he gets when things just pop up in a conversation.

I was honest with him. I also told him that I did not want to withhold anything from him, but that I had to admit that because my son had messed up a lot in his life, I was afraid that if I told him too much, but maybe he and the public defender would feel like there was just no way to help a kid that is screwed up so much, and not give it the best shot to help him.

He told me not to worry. He explained to me about a former client that was about 16 I think, and there was a video tape of him shooting and killing a police officer. And he told me that they worked their butts off to do everything they could for that person.

I think my son will like him when he speaks with him. I’m glad he is black/biracial. Maybe that will make some sort of difference to my son.

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8225   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8759879
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy