Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

General :
Separating

wjbrennan78 (original poster member #84763) posted at 8:39 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

This past weekend I caught my WW texting her AP. She broke NC without my approval (which I would never give) and tried to hide it by deleting the text. I believe she forgot to delete it right away because it appeared in my phone records.

Her bullshit excuse was to let him know that our oldest Son knows everything. He knows the who, the when, the how, etc. I looked at her is disbelief at the crock of shit she was trying to justify. Told her it's none of his business, why would he care? Why would she care that he knows? She was even telling me she was upset that he didn't text her back. DUH! It's because she was his side piece! There was no "love" or respect from him. She was his newest adventure! And she cannot realize it.

I'm done with her not doing the work to heal herself! I'm done with the dishonesty and infidelity.

I moved out hours after the revelation. My kids are incredibly upset. My oldest (18 years old) was closet drinking in the basement and we called the social worker for my 2 younger kids so they have an avenue to release their anxiety. My WW sent me numerous texts about them this morning - playing on my heart strings. As much as I know this will hurt my children I am not going to bend and return home. To save them from her bullshit!

Also called the OBS to let her know my WW tried to communicate and to let me know if there was any on their end.

I've asked for no contact from my WW unless it had to do with my kids and finances/household business. This is the scariest and hardest task I have ever embarked on. But I need to get out of this situation!

posts: 65   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2024   ·   location: Illinois
id 8848110

hikingout ( member #59504) posted at 8:48 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

Yes you do. You have been backed into a corner here, she has left you no choice. I am sorry it went this way. Instead of playing your heartstrings she should be taking responsibility for being the actual one who caused this damage. Instead of guilting you, she should be taking accountability.

Yes, I agree this guy is not going to be reliable for her, but that’s part of the consequences she is going to experience.

7 years of hard work - WS and BS - Reconciled

posts: 7479   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2017   ·   location: Arizona
id 8848111

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 8:49 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

So sorry it came to this. Please make sure that you speak with a lawyer ASAP to make sure you’re leaving the house is not construed as abandoning the kids. Do NOT hurt your future with a rash decision. Make sure you go with lawyer’s recommendation to protect yourself. Protect your finances, too.

As much as this hurts - and it is so so hard - it is also a strange relief to have the clarity that you can get out of limbo or false R.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6141   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8848112

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 10:14 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

So sorry that she hasn't taken the chance to work on herself. Her incredibly selfish choices now have consequences.

It does get better. It may get worse before it gets better, but it does get better.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3734   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8848120

SacredSoul33 ( member #83038) posted at 10:38 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

Oh, man. I'm so sorry. sad

Please make sure that you speak with a lawyer ASAP to make sure you’re leaving the house is not construed as abandoning the kids. Do NOT hurt your future with a rash decision. Make sure you go with lawyer’s recommendation to protect yourself. Protect your finances, too.

I second this with gusto.

Remove the "I want you to like me" sticker from your forehead and place it on the mirror, where it belongs. ~ Susan Jeffers

Your nervous system will always choose a familiar hell over an unfamiliar heaven.

id 8848126

WontBeFooledAgai ( member #72671) posted at 3:18 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

Well, I hate to say this, but a few of us knew that this was the case all along w your WW. We aren't clairvoiant or anything. It simply ALMOST ALWAYS is the case. And so that is why we sound like these stuck whistles, it's almost always the same old song and dance. We received a lot of pushback on your previous threads though. It is what it is.

At any rate Friend I am truly sorry that we were right. You do see your path forward though, it sounds like. Please keep checking back in with us here, everyone here is rooting for you.

[This message edited by WontBeFooledAgai at 3:27 PM, Wednesday, September 11th]

id 8848192

BluerThanBlue ( member #74855) posted at 4:18 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

My comment from your previous thread:

Your wife will try to be on her best behavior until November 1… just as she did when you threatened divorce. Then it will be back to business as usual.

I guess she couldn't even manage that.

As much as I know this will hurt my children I am not going to bend and return home. To save them from her bullshit!

If they're still there, how are you saving them from her bullshit?

Add me to the list of people who say that you shouldn't be moving out of the house unless you've consulted a lawyer. You're giving your wife an opportunity to claim exclusive use of the home + an advantage in child custody of the kids you left with her as the sole or primary caregiver.

If you really need to, take a few days away to clear your head... but not more than a week.

I've asked for no contact from my WW unless it had to do with my kids and finances/household business. This is the scariest and hardest task I have ever embarked on. But I need to get out of this situation!

Your wife has called your bluff. You've threatened your wife with divorce before and back down, so chances are, she's probably not taking you seriously at the moment. Based on previous experience, she expects the storm to blow over after a short period of time. Your challenge really begins when she realizes that you're serious and starts acting out... either in desperate attempts to "win" you back or to punish you for leaving (most likely both).

Prepare yourself.

[This message edited by BluerThanBlue at 5:03 PM, Wednesday, September 11th]

BW, 40s

Divorced WH in 2015; now happily remarried

I edit my comments a lot for spelling, grammar, typos, etc.

id 8848197

crazyblindsided ( member #35215) posted at 5:51 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

Agree with not leaving the house she can get you on abandonment. Make sure you talk to a lawyer right away and get back in the house before she gains the upper hand in D.

I'm so sorry this happened again but at least now you know what direction to head in s she has not changed nor is remorseful and continuing to put you through infidelity.

Your challenge really begins when she realizes that you're serious and starts acting out... either in desperate attempts to "win" you back or to punish you for leaving (most likely both).

Yes this ^^^ many an unremorseful manipulative WS has pulled this crap including mine. Implement the 180 and ignore all her attempts. Only kids and finances should be discussed at this point.

fBS/fWS(me):51 Mad-hattered after DD (2008)
XWS:53 Serial Cheater, Diagnosed NPD
DD(21) DS(18)
XWS cheated the entire M spanning 19 years
Discovered D-Days 2006,2008,2012, False R 2014
Divorced 8/8/24

posts: 8864   ·   registered: Apr. 2nd, 2012   ·   location: California
id 8848219

OhItsYou ( member #84125) posted at 9:05 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

Get back into the house. Move into a spare room. Only converse when it’s about the kids or finances. 180 her on everything else.

posts: 169   ·   registered: Nov. 10th, 2023   ·   location: Texas
id 8848252

Groot1988 ( member #84337) posted at 10:33 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

I don't have advice but I am here to say I am sorry.
I read your posts and was hoping she would come to her senses, keep posting as you need to.

You have a lot of people here for you.

Married 5 years (together 11) Four children Me Bs 36Him WH 35- 4 month PA Dday Oct 6- lots of TT final disclosure Jan 16.

"If we walk through hell we might as well hold hands, we should make this a home"- citizen soldier

posts: 408   ·   registered: Jan. 6th, 2024   ·   location: Darker side of gray
id 8848265

BrokenheartedUK ( member #43520) posted at 11:27 PM on Wednesday, September 11th, 2024

I’m sorry. I’ve been through this. As much as it sucks, at least you know the truth and can act accordingly. There’s some relief in the clarity of the knowledge that this marriage is never going to get better for you. Because, duh. Your WS is never going to do "the work" and now you know exactly how delusional she is. That’s very powerful. Use it wisely.

Take care of yourself and move forward. Big hug.

Me: BS
He cheated and then lied. Apparently cheaters lie. Huh. 13 months of false R. Divorced! 8/16 3 teenage kids
"The barn's burnt down
Now
I can see the moon"
-Mizuta Masahide

id 8848269

JasonCh ( member #80102) posted at 12:52 AM on Thursday, September 12th, 2024

wjbrennan78 — Peace to you and your children.

id 8848282

FindingaWayHome ( member #78829) posted at 7:37 AM on Sunday, September 15th, 2024

Hi WJB,

How are you going?
Are you still separated from your WW?

We are here to help you.
Regards,
FAWH

id 8848638
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy