Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

General :
I See a Light in You

Topic is Sleeping.

Chaos (original poster member #61031) posted at 2:59 PM on Monday, April 22nd, 2024

"I see a light in you"

That’s what someone said to me this weekend while at a birthday celebration for a friend. "I see a light in you." I’d only met this person one other time, briefly.

Then the person proceeded to grab my hand and say "I see a light in you. It shines bright. You radiate light and try to spread that light to others. I can see battle scars around it – but they couldn’t dim your light. Be careful – they will try again"

Days later, I still can’t get that conversation out of my mind. I find myself wondering – does this person know, think they know, have heard tales, etc. of WH and LTAP? Does this person fancy themselves a spiritual person or seer of sorts? Was this person just trying to make conversation and pay a compliment? Was there a hidden message? Was this alcohol talking (the person didn't seem impaired but was drinking - I was driving so not drinking at all which is why I have such clarity of the conversation)

I waffled between feeling compliment and perplexed. I also felt like a walking Nora Roberts novel.

BS-me/WH-4.5yrLTA Married 2+ decades - Children (1 still at home) Multiple DDays w/same AP until I told OBS 2018 Cease & Desist sent spring 2021"Hello–My name is Chaos–You f***ed my husband-Prepare to Die!"

posts: 3839   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2017   ·   location: East coast
id 8834365

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 4:48 PM on Monday, April 22nd, 2024

Beats me what she was doing, but I recommend taking it as a compliment.

As for 'they will try again,' I'd chalk it up to life's uncertainty, and I'll remind you that you've got a lot of strength. When shit happens again, you'll use your strengths to handle it.

Or maybe you had a twinkle in your eye....

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30215   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8834381

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 6:49 PM on Monday, April 22nd, 2024

She clearly knows what a bada$$ you are!
Who knows maybe she can sense auras, yes there are people that can do this better than others.
If this is a mutual friend then maybe talk to then abd ask what this person's deal is.
But I do think those of us here that have successfully healed ourselves do put off a certain energy.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8834393

Want2BHappyAgain ( member #45088) posted at 9:02 PM on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT grin !!!

YOU have a GIFT that few people have...and I love that the word "light" is associated with it...very cool smile !!

Don't worry about trying to figure it out...who can explain how AWESOME a BASGU is grin ??!! Just keep SHINING that light everywhere you go and let those who are afraid of the light keep slinking away in the shadows smile .

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6665   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8834510
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy