Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

General :
Get over it.

Topic is Sleeping.

Skyking (original poster member #62217) posted at 5:50 AM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Let me start by saying that my last Dday was over 45 years ago. But! I still get triggered sometimes. Especially by certain music. I won’t go into what music because it was an album released before most of you were born. I can usually turn down the volume, turn it off or skip the playlist.

So I had something new happen last night. Shortly after falling asleep, I had a dream. In my dream one of the guys began playing the piano. One of the songs off that album. I couldn’t ask him to stop or turn it off so I had to listen to it. In my dream, I sat there and cried. I was just so sad. Shortly after that, I woke up. There were tears in my eyes. I laid there, really sad.

Now I’m sure many of you, maybe most of you, have scars from getting hurt when you were a child. Infidelity is like that. The wounds are deep and the scars last forever.

So when someone asks a BS why can’t they just get over it, this is why! It will be with you forever!!!!

Me: BS. 74, Many DDays: The last of many was 40+ years ago.Married 53 years 2 grown sons, 2 grandchildren Reconciled. But still getting triggered sometimes.

posts: 51   ·   registered: Jan. 11th, 2018   ·   location: Northern California
id 8828097

SacredSoul33 ( member #83038) posted at 4:49 PM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

I’m almost 20 years out from DDay and I concur. It’s always there. It’s always with you. 99% of the old triggers are benign now, but sometimes one sneaks up on you and knocks you flat.

We were having fun with friends a few weeks ago and I was triggered badly by something. I snuck off to the restroom, had my moment, composed myself, and returned to the fun.

I hope you don’t have too much of an emotional dream hangover today. Thank you for sharing this.

Remove the "I want you to like me" sticker from your forehead and place it on the mirror, where it belongs. ~ Susan Jeffers

Your nervous system will always choose a familiar hell over an unfamiliar heaven.

id 8828134

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 4:49 PM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Hmmm ... I'm older than you, married a bit longer than you, but you got married a bit younger than me. My d-day was 13+ years ago....

Both my W & I triggered very recently. My W is on our condo board. The pres is a narcissistic, bullshitting bully, and I had been pushing my W to oppose the asshole on a significant issue She was stonewalling. She said she felt the way she did during her A - scared. A few days later I realized I felt like I did during her A - grief, fear, and anger over being abandoned.

One never fully forgets trauma....

My d-day came after I had a lot of life experience, and the life experience helped me deal with the crisis. If W had cheated 10 years into our M, I can't even imagine how I'd have handled the situation.

I look on triggers as pain coming to the surface to be released. That doesn't help while I'm experiencing them, of course. Afterwards, though, I feel a little lighter.

[This message edited by SI Staff at 4:51 PM, Saturday, March 9th]

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30215   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8828135

Want2BHappyAgain ( member #45088) posted at 6:48 PM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

One never fully forgets trauma....

Exactly. NONE of us get through this life without some type of trauma. For ME...It is how I deal with the trauma that determines the quality of the rest of my life. I have come to realize that even though it will always be a part of my life...it will not BE my life smile . I will never get over it...but I have gotten through it. Getting through to the other side of infidelity is actually quite beautiful grin . I did it through D with my 1st H...and through R with my 2nd H...so I know that D or R can bring about its own beautiful life!

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6665   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8828147

Hippo16 ( member #52440) posted at 8:14 PM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Skyking

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow ??!
grin

There's no troubled marriage that can't be made worse with adultery.If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, why not bungee jumping off a bridge span? For an extra thrill, don’t anchor the cord.

posts: 927   ·   registered: Mar. 26th, 2016   ·   location: OBX
id 8828158

Sonos ( new member #82948) posted at 8:42 PM on Saturday, March 9th, 2024

I use to think I was "plan A" in our songs...maybe I was "plan B"?

No wonder she doesn't prefer my play list.

Me 71 Her 70 Married 50yrs. LTA 4+yrs w/BF. D-Day 2020 lied to me for 35yrs and now TT's.Still married and plan on staying married.

posts: 9   ·   registered: Feb. 25th, 2023   ·   location: Midwest
id 8828166

Skyking (original poster member #62217) posted at 6:38 AM on Monday, March 11th, 2024

HIPPO16

Actually Tapestry by Carole King.

Sk

Me: BS. 74, Many DDays: The last of many was 40+ years ago.Married 53 years 2 grown sons, 2 grandchildren Reconciled. But still getting triggered sometimes.

id 8828312

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 2:35 PM on Monday, March 11th, 2024

I googled the song because I didn't recognize it.

I think, though, that listening to it made me gassy. If that's it's impact on average listeners, its no wonder that you have nightmares with it playing.

BH
DDAY Mar 2014
Widowed 2022 - breast cancer

posts: 13491   ·   registered: Aug. 5th, 2014   ·   location: Washington State
id 8828339

Skyking (original poster member #62217) posted at 6:59 AM on Tuesday, March 19th, 2024

I googled the song because I didn't recognize it.

I think, though, that listening to it made me gassy. If that's it's impact on average listeners, its no wonder that you have nightmares with it playing.

Actually it wasn’t the song or the lyrics. It was the situation around how my WW wanted to buy the album because she had “heard it somewhere “ but couldn’t remember where. Right!!!!

[This message edited by Skyking at 7:03 AM, Tuesday, March 19th]

id 8829490
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy