Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Off Topic :
Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 8:59 PM on Sunday, December 25th, 2022

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and safe holiday!

We are snowed in. We have been in a blizzard for 2 days. Snow drifts 4+ feet high, roads closed, people stuck, power outtages, state of emergency issued north/west of us. So far so good we have power. Blizzard has ended but snow squall warnings still in place. Police asking everyone to just stay home.

The kids LOVED Christmas. I put a Santa hat on Big Ds huge dino stuffy and then tried to squeeze it into the largest holiday bag I could find.

Little M wasn't to impressed with her toy hamster but the real ones were a hit.

DS cried when he saw his ATAT walker lego set. Three hours and it's together. He's so happy!

DD put on her Huggle and hasn't taken it off. Her necklace was a hit, same with her electric blanket, room led lights and lego sets.

I got a large folding art table, Game of Thrones series, kids got me a stuffy and candles lol

So awesome.

Now for dinner. Turkey is done. In perfect DragnHeart style I burnt my fingers lol

laugh

This has been a great day!

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8770930

78monte ( member #72572) posted at 9:31 PM on Sunday, December 25th, 2022

Merry Christmas to you and the little dragon's.
We've been lucky. Usually our power hoes out, fortunately we weren't included in the 400,000 that lost power.
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.

posts: 4912   ·   registered: Jan. 14th, 2020   ·   location: Canada
id 8770931

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 10:00 PM on Sunday, December 25th, 2022

Oh usually our power always goes out so this is a complete blessing. Propane and electric don't work without power.

This year my fireplace gets relined and the wood stove downstairs gets its chimney put up.

We have an fuse box for a backup generator but we lent it to a friend. And the backup system won't run the new propane furnace. All it ran before was the fans for the wood furnace we had to take out...but at least it kept the house warm. So those are two major things I want done.

I'm glad you have power.

I'm sure many aren't having as blessed a Christmas right now. I heard people were still stuck in vehicles. The OPP even asked anyone with a snowmobile to come help.

Omg dinner was amazing. Won't be having pie right away lol

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8770933

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 12:49 AM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

Merry Christmas

It was 10 here Thursday night and in the 20’s Friday and Saturday. Today I stayed in crocks and short sleeves all day almost 50 degrees.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8770940

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 1:46 AM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

Merry Christmas! I too had a great day. Yesterday was bad as my sister got really sick Friday night and had to go to the hospital by ambulance. She has a bacterial infection (just like I did!) but it didn't get into her lungs, thank goodness. On top of that she got a very painful UTI. I thought they would keep her in the hospital but she was sent home after11 hours since hospitals are full up. So we were to have dinner at sis's home but she was just too sick. She had planned to cook the full deal of Tex-Mex food, our favorite at Christmas. So we went in search online of somewhere open to eat and finally find a sports grill but had to wait for over one hour to eat. Had I known she was so sick, I would have made dinner here at home.

Much warmer today and will be 67 degrees by Thursday.

Dragn, so glad your power held. So so scary what those people traveling through Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York are going through - stranded and so many accidents.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8770942

78monte ( member #72572) posted at 1:54 AM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

We have a woodstove, it'll keep the house liveable if the power goes out. It's a 1875 2 story farmhouse.
Also have a small generator I cam run the well pump on and run the refrigerator, so the food won't spoil.
Glad your dinner was amazing Dragn
I was all set to cook our turkey on the BBQ, if the power went out.
10 is pretty cold for Texas, Tanner. Glad you had a balmy 50 today. Merry Christmas, Tanner!
Send some heat up to your cousins in Canada, please.

posts: 4912   ·   registered: Jan. 14th, 2020   ·   location: Canada
id 8770944

ibonnie ( member #62673) posted at 3:35 AM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

Merry Christmas, DH. Happy you're having a good one. :)

"I will survive, hey, hey!"

id 8770950

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 2:06 PM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

Jeaniegirl

I'm so sorry your sister was so sick.

Now it's time to dig out.

Still snowing a bit and the wind is still bad. Praying the tractor starts and can handle the driveway. It's light snow. Not good for building snowmen. So fingers crossed.

Roads closed all around us, one due to a fatal accident with a train. Locals are posting which roads are impassable. Glad we aren't going anywhere.

id 8770977

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 2:14 PM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

Dragn, that sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!! I'm so happy you and the kids had such a nice day.

We had zero degree temps and 55 mile per hour wind gusts on Christmas Eve. Our power always goes out but this time we were more fortunate than others. I feel so bad for anyone that lost power with the temperatures so low and it being a holiday. We have a generator to run the well, refrigerator and lights but not the heat.

I hope you are able to dig yourselves out of all that snow.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8770979

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 2:24 PM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

It was a wonderful day! I love getting the kids games they can all play together and this year it was spinning connect four. You really have to think where to put your piece because once you place it you have to spin the tile putting it a totally different spot. DD loves it

It sucks that people didn't adhere to the warnings and went out anyways. So many stuck got stuck.

My inlaws were heading to my SIL for Christmas. My BIL has a new baby and I was really worried about them traveling. Luckily the roads south of us weren't as bad.

Wh is about to head outside with the kids now. The dig out begins.

id 8770980

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 10:16 PM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

DH, I am betting you are great ....digger outter. smile

Whatsright, haven't heard from you. I hope you had a good Christmas.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8771020

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 11:24 PM on Monday, December 26th, 2022

That was NOT fun!

Snow was above the tractor tires and way above our blade but wh was doing good until he got to the gate.

Our driveway bottle necks at the gate. Steep on both sides, the north side leads into our pond. There was ice under the 3 feet of snow and the tractor is only 2 wheel drive. Front tires slipped off the driveway down the hill. He was able to stop himself using the bale spear on the bucket.

I had to call our neighbour who has a larger 4 wheel drive tractor. He pulled wh out then helped plow the rest for us.

The kids shoveled the pathways and decks. I kept working on the snow blower but couldn't get it to work.

One road that is a causeway across the lake has snow six feet high. No plows have gotten down it yet. Locals posted pictures of them shoveling a path.

I wonder if we broke any snowfall records lol

id 8771024

JasonCh ( member #80102) posted at 1:16 AM on Tuesday, December 27th, 2022

DragnHeart it sounds like you have a lot of snow. Our drive has drifted shut 5 days in a row. Oh well just park on the road and walk the 1/2 mile in. The issue with snow equipment is it always goes out when you need it. Hydraulic hose on the right wing of the plow (check), snowblower needs a new carburetor (check), ... The only thing that is consitent is a shovel or a pitchfork -- but that takes too much time when you could be playing ConnectFour and building Legos

78monte -- your farmhouse has ours beat on age (built in 1915) but there is no insulation in the walls, here in the middle of nowehere Minnesota. I put in one of those wood boilers the year after we moved in as otherwise we would have had to drill or own propane well to stay here.

Peace.

id 8771030
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy