Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Question for those that have had covid

Topic is Sleeping.

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 9:39 PM on Monday, October 31st, 2022

How long did it take for you to feel better?

I am on day fourteen and still have a cough, headache and fatigue. My head hurts so bad when I cough or bend over.

Everybody has said this variant is like getting a bad cold. This has not been my experience at all. I had a 102.8 fever and was very sick for 4-5 days. I am definitely better but I can't shake the cough and headache.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8763026

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 2:19 AM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

Wishing you continued healing. So sorry you are feeling bad.

I had covid after Easter Sunday.

I think everyone is so different. I worked many years around sick people so not sure if that was a factor for me. Also
I was given a natural vitamin protocol almost immediately and my fever dropped to normal range within minutes.

That said I had a wicked sore throat for awhile like a week and horrible pain from swollen glands. So I think it just hits everyone differently.

I hope you continue to heal and feel better!! It's nasty stuff.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8763059

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 2:39 AM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

I had over July 4. I was sick sick for 3-4 days, but the cough lingered for weeks and I still don’t have my sense of smell fully back.
But the headache and fatigue was just for the few days.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8763063

wildbananas ( member #10552) posted at 6:06 AM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

I had it in June. Luckily, I didn't get the cough and kicked it within a week. However, the brain fog held on for a couple weeks afterwards and that sucked. I've also had some hair loss, which hasn't been fun.

Hope you're back to normal soon!

Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light. ~ Yogi Bhajan

posts: 16592   ·   registered: May. 1st, 2006   ·   location: Somewhere
id 8763078

whatisloveanyway ( member #66450) posted at 12:01 PM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

I got sick the third week of September. Low grade fever, headache, sore throat, fatigue, brain fog and nasty head cold and cough symptoms. It took 5 days to test positive and almost a month to feel back to normal. My H got sick a few days before me and was fine within two weeks. We were both vaccinated and quad boosted and suspect we had the omicron version based on the symptoms.

I have always struggled with immunity issues needing longer to recover from colds and flu than the rest of the family. I was worried that I would develop long covid but I have turned the corner and am mostly back to normal, with only some residual fatigue and brain fog issues.

I kept counting the days and stressing, wondering when I would get better, because I kept hearing the same as you, it’s just like a bad cold. It was not like any cold I have ever had, very different with the headaches. I went through a lot of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and lots of cough meds and expectorants. I was always worse in the mornings and evenings and could not believe how many boxes of Kleenex it took to get through that snotty miserable month. I sure am glad I got the light version of covid, I don’t think I would have handled the original version pre vaccine very well.

Get well soon and take care.

BW: 64 WH: 64 Both 57 on Dday, M 37 years, 2 grown kids. WH had 9 year A with MOW, 7 month false R, multiple DDays from 2017 - 2022, with five years of trickle truth and lies. I got rid of her with one email. Reconciling, or trying to.

posts: 574   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2018   ·   location: Southeastern USA
id 8763091

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 1:18 PM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

Call your Dr or go to Urgent Care, you probably have a secondary infection. Like a sinus infection or bronchitis.
You should also be taking mucinex daily to help the secretions to thin out and mobilize so that you can get it out.
I still think you had Covid and something else so keep up w/ the high fluid intake, mucinex, and see if you need an antibiotic.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8763099

annb ( member #22386) posted at 5:47 PM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

Bad cough for 12 days. Had to sleep sitting up. Went to urgent care because my ear was bothering me at about day 13. Could barely make it there. No infection. Honestly it took me close to a month to feel better. Exhaustion lasted about four weeks.

I remember trying to go for a walk and I had to turn around and go home. Covid really knocked me out. Fortunately no issues with breathing.

posts: 12195   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8763134

Trdd ( member #65989) posted at 7:43 PM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

2 nights with some fever and 3 days of being tired. Feeling like I needed to clear my throat lasted 2 weeks. No real cough. And I had heart palpitations that started after a week or more and then happened sporadically for about 3-4 weeks.

All this about 3 months ago.

posts: 980   ·   registered: Aug. 27th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8763143

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 10:38 PM on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022

Thank you for all the replies.

I'm sorry so many had a hard time with this virus. I guess I just need to be more patient. When I no longer had a fever and got my appetite back I thought I was on my way to kicking this.

I may throat punch the next person that tells me this is no worse than a bad cold. laugh

I have been taking mucinex for a couple of days and will call my doctor's office tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone. Stay well!!!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8763165

Marie2792 ( member #44958) posted at 5:22 AM on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022

I just finished a bout with Covid. I am vaccinated twice and have a booster. I had some runny nose issues and ached all over but I suffer from autoimmune diseases and really am used to it. I caught it down south visiting family. Seven others have it now. Two elders were really sick and the rest like me except one. My cousin is still coughing and aching two weeks later. It has affected her differently and she’s healthier than me. No one in my house has caught it from me. It’s very strange. Mine felt like a cold and it wasn’t even the worst one I have ever had.

Me: BS,48 (41 at dday)Him: WS, 56 (49 at dday)
Married 27 years, together 30
Dday : 9/9/14 3 week PA

posts: 4854   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2014   ·   location: NYC
id 8763367

zebra25 (original poster member #29431) posted at 1:10 PM on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022

I'm glad you didn't have a terrible time with it. I hope the rest of your people fully recover soon.

It is strange how differently it affects everyone. I don't have any risk factors and am pretty healthy. I got the vaccine and booster but not the latest one. Oh well, it could definitely be worse!!

D-day April 2010

id 8763399
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy