Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Autumn Leaves

Topic is Sleeping.

Lionne (original poster member #25560) posted at 1:41 AM on Wednesday, October 26th, 2022

I'm making a concerted effort to find joy. And Mother Nature is surely cooperating! The leaves in my suburban neighborhood are just glorious! There are maples that still have green on the interior while the exterior ones are iridescent orange and red. The oaks and lindens are saffron and lemon colored and the tulips and sycamores are crimson.
Take a look as you travel around. They won't be there long!

PS raking them isn't as much fun as admiring them!

Me-BS-65 in May<BR />HIM-SAFWH-68<BR />I just wanted a normal life.<BR />Normal trauma would have been appreciated.

posts: 8528   ·   registered: Sep. 18th, 2009   ·   location: In my head
id 8762146

getbusyliving ( member #71058) posted at 10:35 AM on Wednesday, October 26th, 2022

We are moving towards the sun and I have been enjoyings spring. Beautiful yellow kōwhai and I see the buds on our pōhutukawa tree coming through, our native "Christmas tree" which blooms in December with beautiful crimson flowers. The birds are going nuts with all the flowers blossoming and I am looking forward to summer. Planted out my tomatos, peas and lettuces. Prepared my strawberries.

It is so nice to appreciate each season.

id 8762186

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 5:49 PM on Wednesday, October 26th, 2022

North is North, and South is South, and never the twain shall meet.

I was feeling sorry for myself about winter coming - thanks, gbl, for the reminder that some people are going into spring. smile

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30215   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8762239

whatisloveanyway ( member #66450) posted at 6:08 PM on Wednesday, October 26th, 2022

Lionne, I am doing the same as you, paying attention to the fall scenery, with every shift of light. Mornings and evenings are a wonder with the trees in much more color than last year, which was my first fall in this new home.

I am learning a host of new trees and find the understory trees and shrubs - dogwoods, sourwoods, sumac, sassafras to be my favorites. We have way too many tulip poplars, and too few red maples, but the yellows and reds have been something this year.
I can't stop taking pictures and trying to do justice to what my eyes see.

We have tried to take advantage of the few glorious colorful days by going for evening strolls by the lake. We have been gifted with spotting many deer, heron and other birds and last night spotted an otter along the banks.

Thanks for the reminder to soak it all in and to appreciate while it lasts.

BW: 64 WH: 64 Both 57 on Dday, M 37 years, 2 grown kids. WH had 9 year A with MOW, 7 month false R, multiple DDays from 2017 - 2022, with five years of trickle truth and lies. I got rid of her with one email. Reconciling, or trying to.

posts: 574   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2018   ·   location: Southeastern USA
id 8762244

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 6:22 PM on Wednesday, October 26th, 2022

I love this time of year!!! The leaves have been gorgeous. I missed out on our peak being sick with covid but still managed to enjoy watching some beautiful trees turn right outside my window. I have a beautiful view of a mountain that is so pretty with all the colors right now.

My H took me for a short drive around the mountain roads yesterday and the scenery was breathtaking.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8762248

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 3:08 PM on Thursday, October 27th, 2022

I too am working hard on looking at things again....finding beauty.

We had sort of a short leaf looking where I was this fall. I did take some pics of stark old trees and a little foliage.

Thanks for the reminder.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8762378

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 11:12 AM on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022

Still waiting on ours. If I want to see any I have to drive to the mountains. My Japanese calendar has some lovely ones however.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8763232
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy