Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Good Quotes for Healing

Topic is Sleeping.

MIgander (original poster member #71285) posted at 4:39 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Hi everyone, I'm not going to mention the unmentionable here. I'm looking to start a thread on things you have read regarding healing yourself and your soul in all aspects of life.

I've struggled with boundaries in pretty much all aspects of my life. This quote I heard today was especially good:

"Boundaries are not about pushing the other away. The boundary violator CHOOSES to PUSH you away when they violate your boundaries."

What quotes have helped you in life?

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1190   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8754357

HFSSC ( member #33338) posted at 7:21 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Don't worry about what's ahead of you. Go as far as you can; from there you can see further.

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end.

Lamentations 3:19-23

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness.

Deuteronomy 30:19

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curses. Now choose life, that you and your children may live.

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8754393

Chaos ( member #61031) posted at 8:05 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say "you hit like a bitch"

"Big girl panties? No, I'm putting on my ass kicker boots and heading out commando"

"Healing is a matter of time but it is also a matter of opportunity"

"You made the best decision you could with the information and tools you had at the time"

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem"

"Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they're dealing with"

"I am enough"

"Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn."

BS-me/WH-4.5yrLTA Married 2+ decades - Children (1 still at home) Multiple DDays w/same AP until I told OBS 2018 Cease & Desist sent spring 2021"Hello–My name is Chaos–You f***ed my husband-Prepare to Die!"

posts: 3841   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2017   ·   location: East coast
id 8754401

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 8:59 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

"Principles only mean something if you stick by them when it's inconvenient."

"There are 4 types of people in the world - the living, the dead, the ones who live dying, and the ones who die living."

"You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet."

"If it costs you your peace, it's too expensive."

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8754409

Sally24 ( new member #70794) posted at 9:48 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Be brave
Be bold
Do what is right

Never let your fear decide your fate

id 8754421

Healershaman ( new member #71482) posted at 12:07 AM on Friday, September 9th, 2022

"Just remember, if half of all first marriages end in divorce, what do the others end in? Death! So you got off easy."

"You won't believe where you'll be this time next year."

"Nobody wins in divorce. Some people just lose less."

and the best... "I hear you. I believe you. I love you!"

[This message edited by Healershaman at 12:07 AM, Friday, September 9th]

posts: 31   ·   registered: Sep. 5th, 2019   ·   location: New England
id 8754444

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 2:25 AM on Friday, September 9th, 2022

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn."

That's great Chaos

I am not sure who said this but

"This is not how my (the) story ends"

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8754459

nomudnolotus ( member #59431) posted at 5:58 AM on Saturday, September 10th, 2022

No mud, no lotus :)

id 8754704
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy