Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

New Beginnings :
I have way too much shit.

Topic is Sleeping.

EllieKMAS (original poster member #68900) posted at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022

I had the junk hauling folks out yesterday. They hauled an ENTIRE TRUCK of crap out of my house, and I still need to have them back to get more (but won't be an entire truck next time I don't think). One of the big things they took yesterday was a huge monstrosity of a couch the xwh built during our false R that has been chilling in my garage since March of 2020. I didn't realize how much resentment I felt towards that fucking thing until it was gone and it feels SO crazy good. That was the last big thing of his left.

The good news is - my house is way emptier today AND I can actually park my car in my garage (seriously it's in there and I can shut the door and everything!!) for the first time in 3+ years. Feels like a weight off my shoulders!!

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8725206

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 11:58 PM on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022

Love this! I can picture that couch and the resentment you felt towards it! (I have a couple things like that still in my house, only because I can't afford to replace them right now). Bye!!

Getting rid of stuff is so cleansing and freeing. Careful you don't overdo it and end up living in your car. There's a whole movement of nomads who just get tired of "stuff" and want it all gone, haha.

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8725223

EllieKMAS (original poster member #68900) posted at 12:24 AM on Thursday, March 24th, 2022

I've discovered a youtube channel about tiny houses and also have binged Mari Kondo's shows and I want to cull my shit. Dunno if I could go true tiny, but am definitely looking to downsize when I move. I don't need or want a big house anymore. I'm really trying to get to the things that spark joy!

Yeah that stupid couch. Is really representative of my whole marriage now that I think on it. I had a beautiful idea that he insisted he could do, then he did a half ass sloppy job on it and resented me for not being happy with his effort... Was so nice seeing it on that junk truck 😂 So so sooooo nice.

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

id 8725231

TheWorldYouWant ( member #78447) posted at 12:54 AM on Thursday, March 24th, 2022

Yeah that stupid couch. Is really representative of my whole marriage now that I think on it. I had a beautiful idea that he insisted he could do, then he did a half ass sloppy job on it and resented me for not being happy with his effort

lmao, weaponized incompetence at its finest, what a loser laugh

How exciting for you to be getting rid of all that stuff! I'm in a similar process right now since I am moving (with my family, minus WH) and selling my house. I absolutely love getting rid of decades of accumulated crap. I will be even happier when I can get rid of this one big piece of human crap that is lurking around laugh

id 8725245

fareast ( Moderator #61555) posted at 1:05 AM on Thursday, March 24th, 2022

Ellie:

I’m surprised you didn’t take an axe to that monstrosity a long time ago!😁

Downsizing is sooo nice. We moved from our house of 29 years into a much smaller condo last year. It was so much fun taking load after load of accumulated stuff to the Salvation Army or to the junkyard or recycling. Our new place is so neat and trim and we can actually find things. Loving smaller.

Never bother with things in your rearview mirror. Your best days are on the road in front of you.

id 8725252

EllieKMAS (original poster member #68900) posted at 1:12 AM on Thursday, March 24th, 2022

lmao, weaponized incompetence at its finest, what a loser

Mine was a MASTER at weaponized incompetence. I didn't learn that term until about a year after my D and realized that's pretty much the only thing he was good at.

So happy for your NB too! Getting rid of crap (humans or otherwise) is so liberating!!

I’m surprised you didn’t take an axe to that monstrosity a long time ago

Oh I thought about it for sure... But I'm clumsy af so was worried I'd end up losing a body part doing it 😂

id 8725258

JanaGreen ( member #29341) posted at 3:18 PM on Thursday, March 24th, 2022

Oh that's wonderful Ellie! Good for you for getting rid of the weight of all of that junk, most especially the couch!

posts: 9505   ·   registered: Aug. 17th, 2010   ·   location: Southeast US
id 8725366

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 3:17 AM on Friday, March 25th, 2022

"Yeah that stupid couch. Is really representative of my whole marriage now that I think on it. I had a beautiful idea that he insisted he could do, then he did a half ass sloppy job on it and resented me for not being happy with his effort"

Umm I constantly wonder if we were all married to clones...several models of clones....but this is so something WH would have done and blamed me for.

Glad you were able to take some actions towards moving on. Bye bye ugly monstrosity of a couch couch. Hello new life.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8725596
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy