Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
4 year update

Topic is Sleeping.

Bluesfan (original poster member #52344) posted at 10:51 PM on Sunday, October 18th, 2020

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Wow time flies doesn't it? well it's just over 4 years since my divorce was final. Still single and to be honest happy that way. I tried the dating thing and it's just not for me. The games, the meat market atmosphere and so on, it's just not fun. I guess some of us enjoy the comfort of established relationships.

I had a few losses over the last few years, my younger sister passed from als in 2018 and my father passed last year just due to old age. I also found some blood family through dna as I was adopted, so I have a half sister and we continue to interact. I met my birth mother and that was not great so I have no contact with her. I guess a 54 year old secret is a tough one to swallow when it comes out.

So on the whole things are good, the losses are normal things that happen over the years, doesn't make them easy but I know they are in a better place.

Take care everyone, stay safe during this virus.

BS/ me 50
WW/ 45
Dday1 14/12/15
Dday2 27/02/16
divorce final october 1, 2016
"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." Voltaire

posts: 273   ·   registered: Mar. 20th, 2016   ·   location: canada
id 8599264

Chrysalis123 ( member #27148) posted at 1:22 AM on Monday, October 19th, 2020

Hi Bluesfan! Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and sister. Take care.

Someone I once loved gave me/ a box full of darkness/ It took me years to understand/ That this, too, was a gift. - Mary Oliver

Just for the record darling, not all positive changes feel positive in the beginning -S C Lourie

id 8599302

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 3:17 AM on Monday, October 19th, 2020

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are doing well!

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8599342
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy