Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Well - it's happening!

Topic is Sleeping.

NeverTwice (original poster member #74421) posted at 7:17 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2020

Hi friends,

I have some exciting news to share. First and foremost - I am so in love! And the feeling is most definitely mutual 💖💖💗 Sometimes it feels like we have been together for years instead of months. We are back in the states again - but not for long!

We both have contracts on our homes (mine sold in one day, hers lasted three). My attorney(s) are getting our immigration paperwork done. She sold her car and I am giving mine to my daughter.

So now we are both packing up our lives and will be back in Panama about 3 weeks from now. We are both enrolled in a 30 day total immersion Spanish language class in Panama City and have booked a room at a local resort for that time.

I had hoped to get out before this election but it was just not meant to be

But excited to embark on our new adventures together!

And, saving the best for last, We went out for lunch and then got the doggies and went for a walk in the park. And when we got down by the river I saw her ex-husband there so I waved at him to come over and turned around - she was on one knee with the most beautiful emerald engagement ring and asked me to marry her. Of course I cried (and could not get yes out of my mouth soon enough) and her ex was in on the secret - he got it all on video! And took a lot of pictures for us.

So - we will be coming back to the US next June to get married (so I will get to be a June bride twice!). Small ceremony with just family and a few very close friends. And she (I am going to cry but that's ok) asked if we could get married the same day my late husband and I got married.

I keep thinking I am going to wake up and find it is all a dream...but its not! I am on cloud 9!

"Solid boundaries discourage trespassing." - Shirley Glass

posts: 176   ·   registered: May. 12th, 2020   ·   location: Las Tablas, Panama
id 8594657

twicefooled ( member #42976) posted at 9:30 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2020

That's beautiful, congratulations!

I'm envious of your ability to travel together. Once my kiddos are out of the nest (not for another 5yrs) I plan on travelling the hell out of this world :)

So happy for you :)

May 29 2021 ***reclaimed myself and decided to delete my story with my ex because I'm now 7 years free from him and mentally healthier than I've been in years.

*********When you know better, you can do better*************

id 8594712

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 9:40 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2020

Wonderful update!

PS: vote before you leave :)

"Because I deserve better"

id 8594713

BrokenheartedUK ( member #43520) posted at 9:47 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2020

Fantastic!! Thrilled for you!!

vote before you leave

^^^^^^^^^

Me: BS
He cheated and then lied. Apparently cheaters lie. Huh. 13 months of false R. Divorced! 8/16 3 teenage kids
"The barn's burnt down
Now
I can see the moon"
-Mizuta Masahide

id 8594715

NeverTwice (original poster member #74421) posted at 11:04 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2020

twicefooled,

Thank you! We both LOVE to travel. Now we need to decide where to go on our honeymoon

Jeaniegirl

PS: vote before you leave :)

Oh - no worries there. Early voting starts Oct. 14th in our state. And will be voting absentee for every national election. No Politics

BrokenheartedUK,

Thank you to much!

And this is the first time I have truly been happy and at peace since my husband passed away in January. I would not wish the previous two years on my worst enemy. I would not trade that time for anything though. Cancer is an insidious disease - it just slowly ate him away from the inside.

My only regret now is that I selfishly pushed him into treatment he did not want. I suspect I will carry some guilt about that to the grave. But I also know that I made those 2 years meaningful for him. And made wonderful memories during that time. Which is why I got so emotional when she asked to get married on our anniversary.

I am so damn lucky to have shared my time with him and now to share my life with another love.

Now - honeymoon planning

[This message edited by SI Staff at 5:23 AM, October 6th (Tuesday)]

id 8594734

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 12:37 AM on Tuesday, October 6th, 2020

Beautiful! Congratulations!

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8594748

Throwaway999 ( member #72413) posted at 11:34 AM on Tuesday, October 6th, 2020

Wonderful news! I am so very happy for you and that you have found love again! Congrats!

Me - BS Him -WS DDay1 - 2011 EA with AP1DDay2/3 - found out in 2019 about EA/PA same AP1 -4 yr LTA affair ended 2017DDay4 - found out about LTA with ex-wife

posts: 534   ·   registered: Dec. 29th, 2019   ·   location: Canada
id 8594805

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 10:25 PM on Tuesday, October 6th, 2020

OMG girl, you work fast, ha ha ha! Congratulations to you and I wish nothing but the most beautiful things for you both!

DDay: 06/07/2017
MH - RA on DDay.
Divorced a serial cheater (prostitutes and lord only knows who and what else).

id 8594987

NeverTwice (original poster member #74421) posted at 8:12 PM on Wednesday, October 7th, 2020

Dee.

OMG girl, you work fast

LOL...

I am 60 years old - no time to waste! All kidding aside - I am old enough to know and understand what I want in a partner. And I am never afraid of

But still - we will be together full time for 9 months by then. That will reveal any serious red flags - for both of us.

And, while I do not really care, it IS nice to be with someone who is on the same financial level so to speak. Cautionary tale time...

A lifelong 'friend' of my late husbands could not even wait until he died to try and move right on in. It, to this day, is, hands down, the most disgusting and disturbing behavior I have personally been witness to.

And during that time I was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted. Caring for a terminal patient is brutal when the end stage hits especially. And it took a couple of incidents before I caught on to his little fucking game (sorry - makes me raging mad everytime I think of it)

And when I called him out on it he told me he would leave his wife to marry me and then tried to kiss me and slide his hands under my shirt.

HOWEVER...

My next action was to call his wife. I do not think she believed me at first. So I invited her over to look and listen to the security video. And things did not go well for him. Believe it or not - they reconciled.

But he knew where I would be financially after R died. Had even made 'jokes' about me being the hot, rich widow. Bloody creep.

Moral of the story? There are wolves out there. Don't be a sheep.

id 8595282

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 2:26 AM on Friday, October 9th, 2020

I have no doubt that you know what you're doing and I'm so thrilled for you. This is gorgeous.

And omg horrified by that asshole. Wow. What a truly repugnant creature.

DDay: 06/07/2017
MH - RA on DDay.
Divorced a serial cheater (prostitutes and lord only knows who and what else).

id 8595779
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy