Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
After divorce

Topic is Sleeping.

Vonbock (original poster member #75204) posted at 4:24 AM on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020

Everyone knows my story from other forum.

As I get better, I know i will move into my parents home for a few months to recoup then look for a house. I will be 48 divorced dad with 3 kids. Asian guy. For people who thought they would be alone, did any guy notice multiple women go after them after divorce or they really had to work hard to find dates.

id 8588065

HalfTime2017 ( member #64366) posted at 4:32 AM on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020

Vonbock, if I remember correctly, you are a Dr.

Let me just tell you right now, that a Dr. is automatic +2 points on the rating scale. So even if you were a 5, you automatically become a 7.

Kidding aside, its too early to think about dating. Just trust that everything will work out, and you will not be alone if you don't choose to be. 48, 62, it doesn't matter. People find love and a partner at any age.

Wrap up your D. and get a good settlement. Focus on the kids, and the ladies will take notice. Trust on this. You will find someone when the time is right, but first, you gotta sludge thru all the bullshit of Divorce and get healthy mentally.

posts: 1424   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2018   ·   location: Cali
id 8588068

barcher144 ( member #54935) posted at 1:51 PM on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020

A work colleague and I have unknowingly gone down a very similar path. I occasionally think about the fact that he and his (now ex) wife invited me and my STBXW (and kids) over for dinner in August 2016, about 2 weeks before my D-day. He apparently had his D-day around that same time (I didn't find this out until months later, so I don't know his details very well).

He has a good job, though not a physician. He is reasonably fit, very likable, kind, and very smart.

We had a beer sometime before the COVID pandemic took off. He said that a spent a year just casually dating and described it as "a lot of fun." He basically said that he didn't really have to do much as women kept coming after him.

I didn't date very much after STBXW and I decided to go D. I'm not the type to casually date and to sleep around. Just not my thing. That said, I had no trouble finding a date if I wanted one and I certainly could have gotten at least 3 or 4 different women into bed if I had tried at all (one literally asked me and I declined).

Meaning, there are plenty of opportunities out there for a freshly-divorced middle-aged man who is a decent human being.

Me: Crap, I'm 50 years old. D-Day: August 30, 2016. Two years of false reconciliation. Divorce final: Feb 1, 2021. Re-married: December 3, 2022.

id 8588136
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy