Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
I'm so sad. A new beginning that gives me a lump in my throat.

Topic is Sleeping.

IDeserveMore (original poster member #40460) posted at 7:54 AM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

I've been divorced for 4 years. But we did nesting for 3 years which prolonged the selling of the house. After 3 years of nesting my son (younger of the 2) moved away to college and my daughter 21yo moved out and got her own place. That was in September. Then in October the dog we all had together for 13.5 years died of a brain tumor.

We were supposed to put the house we owned together on the market (in September) but my ex felt it was too much loss at once and we postponed it. We just got it on the market last month and it sold. Now the closing date is 8/31 and I can't stop crying.

When we moved in my daughter was 2 years and 3 months and I was 8 months pregnant for my son. Now she is 21yo and my son just started his sophomore year at college. I remember every birthday party, breakfast, soccer game, dance - everything in every room.

On top of everything my mom was just put into hospice.

I can't stop crying. I miss living in that house so much. I miss living with the kids. I'm having a harder time than I ever thought saying goodbye to that way of life in that wonderful house.

When people talk about a lump in the throat, now I know exactly what that is because I feel it. I'm beyond sad. I hope I never have a head injury because I never want to lose those memories.

Me 54, WH 57, 25yo DD, 23yo DS. DD#1 1998 followed by 1 year of blatant denialDD#2 2004 followed by 6 YEARS OF TT. Do I win for the longest TT on this site? Divorced and so very happy!

posts: 366   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2013   ·   location: Pacific Northwest
id 8580040

JanaGreen ( member #29341) posted at 10:47 AM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

I'm so sorry IDeserveMore. That is a LOT to deal with at once. Please do something kind for yourself. Big hugs to you. ❤

posts: 9505   ·   registered: Aug. 17th, 2010   ·   location: Southeast US
id 8580078

Duplicate

[This message edited by JanaGreen at 4:48 AM, August 28th (Friday)]

id 8580079

Duplicate

[This message edited by JanaGreen at 4:48 AM, August 28th (Friday)]

id 8580080

traicionada ( member #10310) posted at 4:11 PM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

Change is hard but it’s also proof that we are still alive and capable of making choices Give yourself time to mourn and then start focusing on the amazing possibilities of what’s next? How about making some new memories with your adult children in their new places?

Real love is a CHOICE, NOT a feeling...

posts: 4020   ·   registered: Apr. 5th, 2006   ·   location: Dallas, Texas
id 8580209

IDeserveMore (original poster member #40460) posted at 4:44 PM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

Oh thanks! I know I'll eventually be ok. And I forgot something else huge. My mom was just put in to hospice. We are all reeling from that. My poor mom says she just can't believe it.

And few months ago I moved out from living with a guy I thought I might be with forever. I had to find a place in the middle of the pandemic.

This has been the year of change!

I guess on closing day I get my portion from the selling of the house and maybe that will help me to feel better. I have no idea where I'd want to buy now so I need to find the best way to hold on to the money until I decide. For now I'll just keep renting.

Me 54, WH 57, 25yo DD, 23yo DS. DD#1 1998 followed by 1 year of blatant denialDD#2 2004 followed by 6 YEARS OF TT. Do I win for the longest TT on this site? Divorced and so very happy!

posts: 366   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2013   ·   location: Pacific Northwest
id 8580225

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 6:29 AM on Saturday, August 29th, 2020

My that is a lot. Do grieve- that house represents so much. So feel it, but try to recognize that you succeeded in raising adults! Sending you support-

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8580526

Anna123 ( member #70908) posted at 2:41 PM on Saturday, August 29th, 2020

Keep on crying all you want. This is a big move. I too have left a home I loved for years and cried, sitting on the floor of my empty home, even without my mom in hospice and a cheater divorce, kids in college, or fresh break-up!! You have all these known saddest events in life happening at once. I think it is good that you are crying, you need to keep releasing the sadness. You of course know you will be fine and will recover from all of these things.

Try to cherish these days with your Mom, I recently went through loosing my dear wonderful father over a long road at the end. It is very stressful and hard to see them like this, but you may be able to mix in some precious memories now as well.

Take care and I will send up a prayer for you.

posts: 680   ·   registered: Jul. 1st, 2019   ·   location: USA
id 8580584

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 2:42 PM on Saturday, August 29th, 2020

(((IDeserveMore))) Know the feeling about saying goodbye to the house. We just sold one I bought in 1994 before marrying this man. It was part of our property settlement agreement 6 years ago, so I had deeded it to him, and we hadn't lived there since the early, clueless days of our marriage. So I was pretty shocked at how many old, familiar memories started to come back to me, as though they happened yesterday, during the final months before he sold it! I was saying a last goodbye to a chunk of my life!

But once we got through that painful transition, I felt better about it, and I hope you will, too. There were both good and bad parts of our history that happened in those homes, but I didn't raise children there, like you did.

One reminder: before you decide what to do with the proceeds, get a tax pro to estimate how much you may have to pay the government in capital gains tax and set that aside.

posts: 2128   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8580586

CoderMom ( member #66033) posted at 5:21 AM on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020

That is very difficult. All that loss all at once. Wish you all the best.

posts: 355   ·   registered: Aug. 31st, 2018   ·   location: Eastern States
id 8581567
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy