Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Happiness Post - Share Yours!

Topic is Sleeping.

phmh (original poster member #34146) posted at 3:35 AM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

We used to have a thread years ago where people would share 3 good things that happened to them today. I know that life has been so not happy lately, so thought I would start one. Share your recent happy things!

1. My friend gave me blueberries from her dad's yard, and I've been adding them to my daily breakfast (overnight oatmeal, which is something I'm also thankful for every morning!)

2. On day 85 of my run streak (at least 2 miles running outside per day) - thinking I'll take a break at day 100, but we'll see how I feel. It's been so great and it's helped me to reset my fitness.

3. I have found a great source for delicious dried pineapple. I am a rather picky dried pineapple eater and it's one of my favorite things to eat but only when it's perfect. I have found perfection.

What good things are going on with everyone else?

Me: BW, divorced, now fabulous and happy!

Married: 11 years, no kids

Character is destiny

id 8565848

Phoenix1 ( member #38928) posted at 4:43 AM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

1. My petunias, that I started late from seed, are blooming profusely and actually starting to trail (they're the wave variety). Beautiful, and I enjoy seeing them every day with the occasional butterfly floating thru!

2. I had a full double rainbow right in front of my house on Tuesday. Stood on my deck under an eave listening to the rain and enjoying nature's show.

3. I was able to lock in a fabulously low interest rate to refi my mortgage. After the financial hole Xhole left me in after the D, this was gratifying in knowing what I have accomplished without his treacherous ass pulling me down.

fBS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Adult Kids
Happily divorced!

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. ~C.S. Lewis~

posts: 9059   ·   registered: Apr. 9th, 2013   ·   location: Land of Indifference
id 8565864

GraceLove ( member #59212) posted at 4:55 AM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

1. Celebrated my 8th month with my new guy.

2. Had a blast teaching classes today.

3. Am getting a new car...all by myself. Had no idea about cars, did the research and I'm ready to buy. Excited!

id 8565866

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 7:17 AM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

Good idea. We need some happiness!

1. The hummingbirds have returned. I love watching them drink from the sweet water containers as I sit outside on my porch.

2. I spoke kindly to two young boys today after they came in the store without a mask. I told them they were too nice looking and too young to get sick. They walked out to my car and I gave them both new masks to wear. They said thank you, sincerely.

3. One of my barn cats that I haven't been able to catch to spay -- proudly brought three of the cutest kittens out from under the deck today. All fat and fluffy and multi-color babies. New life even though unexpected. She took them on a short walk about before herding them back under the deck. I'll have to start taking applications for homes for them. (and catch Mama for a spay!)

"Because I deserve better"

id 8565888

TheLostOne2020 ( member #72463) posted at 1:44 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

1. The kids are with me today (it's my birthday); My daughter is making me a cake.

2. I got a promotion recently.

3. Got through a Hellish period of work and everything went well. I was putting in 15 hour days to get the implementation done. It seems to have gone well.

id 8565981

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 5:58 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

1. My grandson said he likes having me live close by. Said he's ready to come spend the night.

2. Started a part-time second job to help with bills & it's going well. Now have enough saved to pay the filing fee for D.

3. Got the booklet from the county clerk's office with the forms to file D and signed up for the orientation class.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3735   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8566124

luvbug0915 ( member #22934) posted at 6:54 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

Ooh, I like this topic!

1. I celebrated my 55th birthday on the 18th having surpassed the weight loss goal I set back in February. My goal was 40 lbs, I reached that in May and lost an additional 12 lbs since. My new goal is 55 lbs by the end of the month, that will make it 55 at 55 as the result of Kickboxing 3-4 times a week and a healthy diet.

2. Just found out today that I'm getting another bonus at work. This will be the 4th since Covid, I'm an essential worker and the CEO wants to make sure we all feel appreciated.

3. I met someone recently, we are really vibing and planning to spend time together this weekend.

"I haven't stopped looking for the good in people. I've just accepted the fact that I'm not always going to find it."-Patti LaBelle

posts: 1240   ·   registered: Feb. 20th, 2009   ·   location: Metro Atlanta
id 8566145

CaliforniaNative ( member #60149) posted at 7:38 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

Definitely not in order of importance.

1. Got major kudos from top executive staff at work for a job I have been only doing for 90 days and everything was new. I hit the ground running 🏆

2. My son told me if he had a choice between living with his father and me he would pick me 💕

3. My dads heath is improving from a heart condition he has. My mom said things are looking a lot better. ❤️

posts: 444   ·   registered: Aug. 13th, 2017   ·   location: California
id 8566159
cool1

traicionada ( member #10310) posted at 9:08 AM on Saturday, July 25th, 2020

1. Well written nonfiction - I just started reading Hillbilly Elegy and wow! well written nonfiction is worth staying up so late

2. Freshly baked bread - I love the process of baking probably as much as I love the smell. Most important, I love the happiness it brings to my parents every Friday

3. Praying warriors - Growing up RC, I took them for granted. Today, I know how incredibly blessed I am to have them

Real love is a CHOICE, NOT a feeling...

posts: 4020   ·   registered: Apr. 5th, 2006   ·   location: Dallas, Texas
id 8566374

barcher144 ( member #54935) posted at 5:09 PM on Sunday, July 26th, 2020

1. I had fresh fish for dinner last night (caught the fish myself). The fish were poached in a red-curry sauce and served over a bed of rice. I haven't had this for a long, long time.

2. I am almost finished re-building the basement bedroom in my GF's house. I started last year, after her basement flooded due to a combination of heavy snow followed by really warm weather and a lot of rain (I also fixed her grading issue last year).

3. My life is settling down, finally. I officially moved in with my GF in the last couple of weeks, which means that I no longer have to juggle my own place, a vacation property, and her place. I don't have to worry about whether I remembered deodorant, toothpaste, or my medication ever again.

On day 85 of my run streak (at least 2 miles running outside per day) - thinking I'll take a break at day 100, but we'll see how I feel. It's been so great and it's helped me to reset my fitness.

I am so jealous. I am weird, meaning that I love running. Unfortunately, my body just won't allow me to do it anymore. I started running again about a month ago... really slow. I ran a half-mile every other day. I lasted about a week before I pulled a muscle.

The good news is that there is a really good bike trail near my new home. I like biking too, but I hate biking on roads because of my fear (real or imagined) of getting hit by a car.

Me: Crap, I'm 50 years old. D-Day: August 30, 2016. Two years of false reconciliation. Divorce final: Feb 1, 2021. Re-married: December 3, 2022.

id 8566673
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy